Monday, August 2, 2010

Self Improvement: Chewing Sticks- Smell Better than Cigarettes

Chewing Sticks- Smell Better Than Cigarettes!
Let's face it, there's nothing attractive about the dank smell of cigarettes on your breath and hands when you're around your friends, out on a date or if you work with other people.

I have recently tried to quit smoking. Cold turkey is super hard. A lot of people in the make-up and fashion industry smoke. From make-up artists to designers and photographers - a lot of us are sneaking out for that 5 second cigarette. It's not healthy at all and it's certainly not professional. Unfortunately, a lot of people struggle with quitting or going completely cold turkey!

I was recently at a catalog shoot in NYC. I saw one of the photographers chewing on what looked like a toothpick. I didn't think much of it until I started talking with him. I told him about how I was cutting back on my cigarette smoking and hopefully quitting soon.

A lot of people say you should quit smoking asap and how it's bad for you. I agree that it is bad and honestly, some times it's not even that enjoyable. He told me that the stick in his mouth was not an ordinary toothpick. He was actually chewing on a "chewing stick". I had never heard of that before! Apparently, this company came out with chewing sticks that were flavored to help people who are trying to quit smoking.

I tried a few of his sticks. I chewed on about 3 sticks during the entire day and did not go out for one cigarette! The sticks are made by a company called Thursday Plantation and come in a few different flavors including Tea Tree and Cinnamon (although he did say cinnamon was kind of gross).

I was able to find these sticks at a vitamin shop called ProHealth Pharmacy in Manhattan. I have also heard of GNC and WholeFoods selling these sticks - although they are kind of hard to find!

I have cut back on my smoking big time and will hopefully be quitting soon. I no longer find myself running out of the room or smoking before or during jobs. It's definitely helped me become more professional and probably more healthy!

I would recommend these sticks for any one who has any type of issues with smoking or stress.
Although it makes you look like Mickey Rourke in Iron Man - chewing sticks are a lot more healthy than smoking. In addition, chewing sticks have menthol in them that also make your breath smell better!

Chewing sticks smell a lot better than cigarettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment