Monday, September 27, 2010

October+ Halloween 2010: FX @ The Studio

October+ Halloween 2010: FX @ The Studio


Unfortunately, I did not make it onto the Syfy Channel's FACE OFF Show for this Season. I worked for the past month on learning intense FX techniques and mold making so that I would be prepared to be on the show and accept all of their challenges. But, it's ok guys! Life goes on! It was still really cool to make it to their top 60 people out of the entire United States and Canada!
I know that many of you were following my you tube videos at the time, my facebook posts and my blog - cheering me on. Thank you to everyone that was so interested in the process.

While I was upset that I didnt get on the show - I do realize that theres always next season. By that time I hope to not only perfect all of the involved special fx procedures - but also dabble in animatronics and maybe even lose some weight and get super fit! (but hey... isnt that on all of our lists???) LOL. I'm not giving up - Im just moving on and into some awesome advanced skills that will totally kick some butt for the future!

So for now, I am getting back to work at the studio on projects that I had postponed. These projects include new events, new nonvocational workshops, makeup service bookings, Halloween planning, and also my own Makeup Line (set to launch in November 2010).

I am currently planning and making prosthetics for the NY Comicon that will be October 8,9,10th in New York City! It's going to be awesome and I am doing makeup for 3 days for the comic book character Deadalus and his friends :) I will be posting photos of the process as well as the final product after comicon.

In addition, I will be making prosthetics for various charity events and also Halloween Weekend (which I am still booking for, btw).

I did make a sculpture and mold for the Syfy show semi-finals - because I was not sure if I was going to be going or not until the last minute. I am happy with my finished prosthetic but would like to redo the latex as they say your first result from a mold is never perfect because there is some times residue in the impression.
Check out the photos (evil clown prosthetic).





No comments:

Post a Comment