Friday, October 15, 2010

Sculpting for FX @ The Studio

Sculpting for FX @ The Studio

Lately I have been busy with a number of things @ The Studio!
We are doing an internet pre-launch for my cosmetic line Jane Doe Makeup NYC online at www.JaneDoeMakeupNYC.com. I have also been preparing for our official launch party on Halloween @ Les Poisson Rouge. In addition to that - I have been booking and preparing for Halloween Weekend at the studio.

I learned a lot of advanced special fx techniques thinking that I would be selected for the Syfy Channels face off show. Unfortunately, I did not make it onto the show - but I did make it down to the final 50 people - which was exciting - but definitely slightly disappointing. Regardless of the outcome I have been on a mission to keep learning more and more FX techniques. I recently learned that I know how to sculpt! I never took any sculpting classes or any thing - but apparently I am able to do it.

I used my new found sculpting techniques and mold making techniques for NY COMIC CON for Marvel Comics NEW GEN comic book characters. The comic con involved 4am wakeups and lots of hustle. I was very happy with the results. It was exciting to see my first creation come to life on the actor and it got big attention and press at the NY Comic Convention.

Check out the photos:










I cant wait until I get the professional photos from the company and I can post them. Unfortunately, many of these photos were taken via camera phone and in the dark morning hours - so the flash raped the color from the final result. The photos do not do my character creation justice. But I will hopefully get the pro photos soon.

In addition to comic con I have been sculpting more creations at the studio. I wish I had more time everyday to work on these sculpture as I have big plans for my cosmetic line and new products planned to launch before next halloween involving my fx work and kits for people to buy.

Here is a new sculpture of a Freddy Krueger for one of my clients this year for halloween, I would have started the mold but I ran out of a clear spray for the sculpture and I didnt want it to get messed up as the mold making process can some times become a delicate one:



No comments:

Post a Comment