Friday, October 15, 2010

Special FX: Character Design Workshop

SpeciaL FX: Character Design Workshop

I recently did a Special FX: Character Design workshop at my studio - non-vocational and for recreation with my attendees. We had a lot of fun. I finally got to see the clown face that I sculpted in action. Linda worked on the clown with the help of Lina! We did bald caps, facial prosthetics, ears, and hair application on the characters. We recycled the face from the Marvel Comic NEW GEN comic con that I did and we sprayed it a fleshtone color. Its really amazing how colors can change the face so much. I feel like every face that comes out of the mold has its own look and personality. Malory the costume designer from the comic con project was awesome enough to come down and hang out with us for the day as our fleshtoned deadalus character. Dayle the makeup artist was awesome to come down as well to be our evil clown.

We used airbrush makeup to color the fleshtone creature and we used other non airbrush paints to do the clown. They went a little nuts with the facial hair towards the end - but it was because we thought it looked hilarious lol.
Check it out:











No comments:

Post a Comment